It's Time To Sort Through The Wallet Again


Just when I thought that I had slimmed down my wallet, there I saw a reward card from a grocery store that no longer exists.  I have to say that looking at this reward card makes me miss my once favorite grocery store.  Since the closing of the store, I haven't cooked one single meal at home.  This store used to have very tasty marinated chicken breasts that  tasted so fresh and delicious. The price of such fresh tasting chicken breasts was also very reasonable.  All I needed to do was  pan fry them.  I never liked to cook my own chicken at home because the meat always tasted gamy. The same gamy taste can be found in the chicken from a lot of lower-price restaurants.  Chicken breasts that are frozen usually carry this kind of stinky smell.  The smell can be somewhat  temporarily masked by the high heat Chinese stirfrying method and the Asian sauces, but  I could always taste it even when the meat was fresh out of the wok.  The leftover smelled worse after being stored one night in the fridge.  I can't stand such smell.  So I haven't been eating much chicken lately.

I have been carrying this reward card in my wallet for so long after the store went out of business.  I still can't believe such a great store with such good quality fresh produce and meat at such bargain price could fail.  It's strange how humans like to hang on to things that remind us of the good old days.   But it's time to let go now.  There is no sense in carrying a useless reward card in my wallet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Not a Plant Hoarder